IT support evolved with a purpose. It is to provide a quality customer experience and connectivity. Businesses and enterprises always want to make customers happy. With this support, this vision has become achievable. This is why almost every company emphasizes providing technical support. Its motive is to resolve problems that customers often face quickly.
Over time, IT-enabled enterprises and companies have started looking for the next level of support, which is more about professional IT solutions. These solutions can be related to resolving simple complaints or sophisticated queries.
But, this task is challenging. To make it easier & smoother, IT support needs to be split into different levels or tiers. Certainly, your expertise defines which level you require.
This post can help you to analyze different levels of professional technical support. But first, let’s find out what IT support is.
Expert Technical Assistance is IT Support
A special technology-based service provided to any enterprise is called technical or IT support. It is all about addressing customers’ issues concerning their IT products. The expert technical support is a refined version that focuses more on providing user-specific solutions as per issue.
However, these solutions are of different ranges. The complexity defines that range. Therefore, every business should host or hire a professional for this support at different levels.
How Can Professional IT Support Help Businesses?
Like any other services, multiple factors can influence these services. These are associated with many ranges of technology-based products and services and different levels of expertise to overcome that problem. The size & type of your business is also significant, which may have a few countable employees or hundreds of people in different departments. Their skills and areas of an expertise help in determining what level of technical assistance they require.
Besides, the platform you have opted for assistance also draws a level. Many companies use live chats, call reps, emailing, online tutorials, and videos to automatically connect with & resolve customers’ grievances.
- Different Levels of IT Support Services
Except for a few cases, professional IT support can be divided into three different levels. This division of your technology support system brings many business advantages. Here are a few of them:
- Easier to have expert and professional solutions
- Strategically resolve customers’ problems in no time
- Ensure the perfect solution to any technical issue immediately
- Better & more enhanced customer experience with your company
- Receive feedback and suggestions about your products in a real-time
- Experience the protected environment that is governed by timelines and protocols
Categorization of IT Support Levels
- Level 1 Technical Support
This is a basic level where you require the least skills and expertise in technology product handling. They can be interns or junior-level support engineers who do not have any access to sensitive details. A bit of technical understanding is enough to support and address challenges.
In short, you can have this type of support for any business just as the front desk does. The only difference is that these experts use virtual & onsite platforms for complaints handling and providing the right solution professionally. If any request is far from their expertise, the requests are sent to the concerned expert or the next level.
These issues can be associated with the following roles:
- Gathering customers’ intent details or personal information & queries
- Providing call support to customers
- Opting in emailing and texting to respond
- Running C-Sat surveys for coming across to what extent the customer is happy or dissatisfied
- Smartly taking customers to the next level of support if the technical fault or problem is more than a basic issue
- Offering end-to-end product information to customers
- Sorting issues associated with customers’ logins, like username, password, verification of hardware & software, data backups, and server or application installation
- Level 2 Technical Support
The professional engineers at this level can troubleshoot more in-depth technical troubles. More experienced and skilled IT engineers are hired to provide this assistance level. Their expertise enables them to assess any instance in no time and fix it quickly.
These details can let you come across their specific roles, which can be a few more:
- Excellently analyze what type of support is required to fix the problem
- Get deep with the problems that are forwarded by the level 1 professionals
- Smartly handling complaints and pushing to the next stage if they don’t come under their expertise areas
- Capable of satisfying users with a detailed overview of the IT product or solutions
- Level 3 Technical Support
For this level of support, highly talented, trained, and experienced experts, like hardware engineers, AWS engineers, software developers, programmers, solution architects, and IT security professionals, are required. They are excellent at classifying and managing information or data as per their sensitivity. Obviously, they are exceptionally talented engineers that are capable of doing end-to-end troubleshooting.
These technicians can take a minute to understand the problem with the code or designs at the backend and its root cause. Moreover, they can modify or construct a new product model to resolve the problem. This is why this role requires a specific talent and a set of technical skills.
Benefits of Having Professional Support Levels
The advantages of hiring professional support providers are many. Here are a few to discover:
- You can have quick troubleshooting of any range of problems.
- Users’ feedback can let you discover the pain points, which makes addressing that problem easier.
- Instant and round o’clock solutions cheer customers and give them every reason to stay connected with you.
- Professional support is all about expert solutions to customer’s problems, which makes their experience excellent.
How to Start with Level-wise Technical Support?
It’s certainly not like a walkover, especially when you want scalability. If you’re really interested, follow these steps:
- Create a start-to-finish structure to understand and determine your expertise level and requirements.
- Create master data of all tasks associated with your expert areas and complaints that may arise or interrupt.
- Segment all technical problems correspondingly to their levels by understanding the roles and requirements.
- Draft a plan of action to support, as how you will encourage your employees to provide quality customer experiences.
- Top to the list should be the list of top qualifications, training, and certifications for all IT support engineers. It helps in aligning their roles accordingly.
- Promote to have strong soft skills together with technical skills and an understanding of the details of every query.
Professional IT support can help businesses quickly access resources for an excellent experience and complete assistance at any time. This type of IT support is categorized into three different levels, wherein the services range from simple to sophisticated technical solutions.